No other subject has brought such controversy nor has anything other given such peace. No truth has ever pierced through a soul quite like this but neither has any truth contained such restoring, healing power.
Simple enough for a child to understand and receive yet never in this life can the greatest scholar completely comprehend it’s vast mercy, love and forgiveness.
This is the Gospel:
The eternal God created the universe and all that is contained within in six, literal, twenty-four hour, days. He called it very good and rested on the seventh day. There was no sin, no death, no suffering in this perfect world.
On the sixth day God created man and placed him in a garden. He gave this man, Adam, dominion over all the plants and animals. God charged Adam with the task to keep the garden and name all the animals. Adam saw all the creatures but none were like himself, none could be a companion for him. God lovingly provided a helpmeet for Adam, a woman, formed from Adam’s own rib. Adam named her Eve- mother of all living.
God gave Adam and Eve all of the plants and trees to use for food, save one tree, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. He commanded them to never eat of this tree or they would surly die.
Adam and Eve rebelled against God and ate of the tree. Suffering and ultimately death for them and all their descendants was the punishment for this sin. (Geneses 1,2,3)
We have all sinned and rebelled against this righteous, holy God. We must pay for this offence by suffering, death and an eternity in hell. We can never do enough good to atone for our sin. In our selves we are helpless, hopeless and we can never attain the perfection God rightly demands. But God….
But God, who loved His creation and wished to glorify Himself, provided a sacrifice, a perfect sacrifice. He sent His only son, Jesus. He was born of a virgin. He lived a sinless life. He chose to take our sin, our punishment on Himself. He bled and died on a cruel cross to be the payment for our sin, to satisfy God’s wrath on us. Three days later He arose from the dead conquering death and hell forever!
He offers the free gift of atonement and a heavenly home to you. It is the only way. You cannot be forgiven, you cannot enter heaven without it.
To receive this gift is simple. You must believe you are a sinner in need of a savior. Repent from your sins. Trust in the finished work of Jesus Christ, His death, burial and resurrection. Surrender you life to Him. Ask him to forgive you of your sin and save you.
- John 14:6 “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
- Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”
- Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
- 1 John 4:10 “Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.”
- Titus 3:5a “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us…”
- John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:3b-4 “… Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures”
- Romans 10:9 “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
If you have prayed to receive Jesus as you Lord and Savior or if you have any questions I would love for you to send me an email at email@example.com. I’d love to hear about it and would be happy to help you any way I can.